iGEMS by Br. Aaqib and Sheikh Sajid
- Lack motivation to revise? Remember Allah is watching so work hard.
- Feeling very stressed with revision? Keep trust in Allah and make Dua.
- Exam pressure intense? Exam of life is greater so remember Hereafter.
- Getting distracted by Facebook? Turn it off and focus purely on revision.
- Fancy youtube, bbc and revision? Never multi-task. One thing at a time.
- Drowning in books? Remember there is a life outside revision.
- Family expectations too high? Do your best, trust Allah and make Dua.
Aaqib's top 5 Revision Mistakes
He has recently completed a difficult degree in Maths from Birmingham University..
x Mistake 1: Not keeping to revision timetable
x Mistake 2: Revising on Facebook
x Mistake 3: Lacking motivation to Revise
x Mistake 4: Revising lastminute.com
x Mistake 5: Focusing on lecture theory more than past exam papers
-> Solution 1: Form a realistic and focused timetable - Plan ahead!
-> Solution 2: Turn Facebook off and focus purely on revision!
-> Solution 3: Work with excellence because Allah is watching!
-> Solution 4: Plan ahead. Focus. Complete revision in short blocks!
-> Solution 5: Go over at least 10 years worth of past exam papers!
Revision Duas for University Students
Dua Before Studying
Allahumma infa'nii bimaa
maa yanfa' unii.
O Allah! Make useful for me what You
taught me and teach me knowledge
that will be useful to me.
Dua While Studying Something Difficult
Allahumma la sahla illama
ja-'altahu sahla wa anta taj
'alu al hazana etha shi'ta
O Allah! Nothing is easy except what
You have made easy. If You wish, You
can make the difficult easy.
Final piece of advice: Remember as Young Muslims at University, every second must help us get closer to Jannah. So we can maximise our good deeds. Turn your revision into a beautiful worship purely to please Allah.
credit to: http://www.islamicpoet.com/blog/?p=604